Christmas Tree Items 2007

Christmas Tree Items 2007

Monday, October 4, 2010

My New Christmas Blog and Christmas Collector's Alley

I have decided to start a third blog, dedicating it to my enjoyment of most all things Christmas. I will tweak the design of the blog as I go along, but thought I would just ‘jump in’ and get started. My first post will be linked to Christmas Collector’s Alley #2, a blog event hosted by Denise Marie at Christ is the Heart of Christmas.

Among my Christmas collections is the category of items which feature Christmas Trees.
My Christmas tree collection started with Spode "Christmas Tree" dishes. I bought two cereal bowls in summer 1970 in England – one for me and one for my sister whose birthday is December 25. Soon, I started to buy the dinner plates, mugs and other pieces. Each year I added to the collection. I also got some as gifts for my sister and her Christmas-loving family. Actually, this sister was born on Christmas morning and her youngest son was born on Christmas night!
Here are some of the dishes on the countertops and stove during Christmas holidays 2007:



Besides the "Christmas Tree" dishes, I’ve gathered tree-shaped figurines, salt and pepper sets, trinket boxes and mini trees.
Here is the tree collection gathered on top of the microwave at the end of holidays 2006.
The following photos show the kitchen décor for Christmas 2007. the pine hutch served as display space for the Spode "Christmas Tree" dishes supplemented by Bordallo Pinheiro and tree figurines.



The microwave displayed a number of tree-shaped items.



Please visit Denise Marie for links to more collections. You may also post your own until October 7.

4 comments:

  1. Great post...what is not to love? How fun that you couldn't help but keep going back to the Spode collection and adding to your own. My hubby is a Christmas Eve baby and my youngest almost came the same night. lol
    Love all the tree accessories especially the cake pans. Would love for you to share if you make a cake this season. :)
    thanks for linking to my Meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie

    Thank you for stopping by at Christmas Believe & leaving a comment :) I now follow 2 of your blogs. Your Christmas Tree collection is so lovely. I really love the idea of hanging a decoration of of your fridge. Looking forward to newer posts soon. Oh also please feel free to join in on the "photo swap" I'vegot going on on the blog.

    Hugs

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is some collection! You have some gorgeous trees and Christmas decorations. I can't wait to see more of your blog! I am signing up to follow.

    Thanks for visiting and best wishes for a lovely week,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness!! I am in love with that hutch and everything you have displayed in it!!

    Gorgeous!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete