Christmas Tree Items 2007

Christmas Tree Items 2007

Monday, October 25, 2010

Mosaic Monday – Christmas Magazines


When November rolls around it is certainly time to start (if not continue) looking at Christmas issues of home décor magazines. A useful segment of my Christmas collections are the December or Christmas Holiday issues which cover the years 1989 to 2009. Just before and during the Christmas holidays, I take out stacks of these magazines and keep them at hand for inspiring reading as I enjoy planning and preparing for Christmastime.


These are titles of magazines I have kept over the years:
Traditional Home
Country Living
House Beautiful
Southern Living
House and Garden
Victoria [I need only the 1992 issue to have a complete run of the original Victoria magazine]
Elle Décor
Good Housekeeping
Ladies Home Journal
Martha Stewart Living
Women’s Day
Colonial Homes
Victorian Decorating & Lifestyle
Victorian Homes and Gardens
Home
Early American Life
Metropolitan Home
Better Homes and Gardens
Family Circle

So far for 2010 I have only Tea Time magazine Christmas Special issue. However, soon the stores will have an array of holiday issues to choose from.

The article, “Christmas Carols and Celebrations” introduces recipes for hearty Victorian-inspired dishes – potato-parsnip soup, roasted brussels sprouts, tarragon black pepper bread,plum pudding, etc.

A short feature item “A Dickens of a Christmas” lists holiday events inspired by Charles Dickens.

The lemon cake pictured above has a filling of lemon curd spread topped with candied citrus.

Whether bought in the supermarket at the checkout, or from a bookstore or gift shop, each December issue gives inspiration and fresh ideas to make your holiday home beautiful and welcoming.

For a full introduction to my Christmas holiday issues collection click here.

This post is linked to Mosiac Monday, hosted by Mary at Little Red House. Visit her blog for more mosaic creations.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie

    Your magazine collection is awesome. I buy my Dolls house items from a place called http://www.dollshouse.com/ They are so very good but on the expensive side. You can order a catalogue. I live about 10 miles from their store so have never ordered anything but all the pictures you see is exactly as the items are so no ugly surprises ;) They do international shipping to Europe & the States too. Also you can buy various houses/towers that only have 3 or 4 rooms fairly cheaper than big homes. Have a look at the website & let me know what you think please.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gate House - Magical Mystery Tower - The Retreat - Market Cross. These are the small properties that they sell. It comes flat pack & undecorated so you can turn them into whatever you want. Sometimes they put up competitions with these packs & you send in a couple of photos to enter. The Gate House was once turned into a cinema & won a massive prize like spend a £1000 on whatever you want in the store! I was not the one who won it! I better stop typing! Speak soon
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I do the same thing - take out all my Christmas magazines as soon as November comes rolling around! And Victoria are right at the top of my list!
    So glad to have found you and will be following along!Please join me at my history blog - it's about St. Nicholas and Christmas!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete