Christmas Tree Items 2007

Christmas Tree Items 2007

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thrifted Wood Santas


I am joining Sundays With Santa hosted by Maureen at Yuletide Greetings.

I thought I’d share a few Santas I’ve found at local thrift shops during the past couple years. I just picked out ones made of wood.
This first one is 10-inches tall, one of those elongated pencil style figure. This hand painted Santa holds a fir tree in his left hand.


Another hand painted pencil figure is this 8-inch Santa with a pointed cap


This little 2-inch figure looks like one of those Russian stacking figures, but it is just one solid piece.


Last is a small wall hanging comprising popular symbols: a Santa, a wreath with bow, and ending in a stocking.



Please visit Maureen and see what other Christmas blogs are sharing.

7 comments:

  1. I love them all! I especially like the one holding the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Santas ♥ all of them ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, isn't it, what you can find at thrift stores! Great finds. I like the first Santa, but the wall hanging is sweet, too.
    xoxo
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those thrift stores and amazing finds!

    Also love your blog with all the amazing pictures of your collections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pencil Santa. I think they're so cute. I have a few that I bought years ago and I look forward to bringing them out each year. They were bought from a thrift store too. I love checking out those kinds of stores for holiday decorations. You never know what treasure you may find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carrie,
    Wonderful wooden Santa's. I love that they are made by natural material, as so many things today are not. I wish I would bump into some of these beauties, while I'm out thrifting! Have a wonderful week!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love thrifting!! You never know what you are going to find :-). I wish I knew how to carve those Santa's. Wouldn't that be cool?! Great Santas!

    ReplyDelete